JCOC is excited to be a part of the #GivingTuesday movement on November 27th! Each year countless people around the world unite in dedicating time, giving financially and going to great effort on #GivingTuesday to demonstrate how every act of generosity counts.
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide. Following Thanksgiving and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, this year’s #GivingTuesday will take place on November 27th and will kick off the giving season by inspiring people to collaborate and give back.
Be a part of the movement. Join #GivingTuesday by:
- Giving your generous Year End Donation to JCOC.
- Answering, “Why do you support JCOC?”, or “How has JCOC’s feeding or housing programs helped you?” Blast it on your social media posts using #GivingTuesday. And leave a comment on this page too!
- Sharing JCOC’s social media posts on FaceBook and Twitter. Don’t forget to ask your friends and followers to follow JCOC!
- Becoming a Volunteer. Individuals and groups are welcome.
- Winter Shelter began on November 14th! Faith-based groups each commit to providing temporary shelter to 60 homeless men and women for a week during the year’s coldest months. These dedicated volunteers also provide dinner each night and breakfast before their guests leave each morning.
- 200 Thanksgiving Baskets will be picked up by those in need the week of Thanksgiving. An additional 200 Christmas Baskets will be put together and distributed after December 14th. Numerous individuals, businesses and community groups are dropping off turkeys, hams and all of the fixings to share. You can too!
- The Annual Sign-Up Dinner in early November was a success! Representatives from churches, corporations and community groups chose which dates they would like to serve Saturday breakfast or dinner in 2019. More than 345 spots are taken; just 73 spots are open.
Thank you for celebrating #GivingTuesday with us!