Did you know JCOC’s team is on the front lines during the COVID-19 pandemic working around the clock helping those in need? Our official response began on March 16th.
As of April 30th, you, our community have helped us:
- Give over 4,000 to-go meals and numerous bags of nonperishable groceries to those who are homeless and households who do not have the resources to buy food. This is an average of 90 meals every day!
- Safely provide shelter and resources to 51 Emergency Housing clients. Our team regularly checks in on everyone staying both at the Housing Resource Center and the most vulnerable clients who were moved to a nearby motel more than a month ago.
- Help at least six clients find and move into permanent housing! This opened up beds in Emergency Housing (shelter) for additional men and women who were sleeping outside to move into Emergency Housing.
- Share thousands of pounds of nonperishable food with other Food Pantries and distribution points across Hampton Roads including: CoronaAid757, Hispanic Resource Center, New Life Church, The Basilica of St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception, and Water’s Edge Church.
Exciting News! In April, we received very important COVID-19 relief funding:
- Bank of America Charitable Foundation gave us a Community Response grant of $50,000. Thank you to Charlie Henderson (Bank of America Market President), Hans VonKruger (Sr. Vice President) and Michelle Little (Vice President, Community Relations Manager).
- JCOC has been awarded a $10,000 joint rapid response grant from the Hampton Roads Community Foundation and United Way of South Hampton Roads! We are one of 34 nonprofits who received awards due to providing COVID-19 relief in South Hampton Roads.
- A private family foundation generously gave $50,000. We were one of seven local nonprofits to be chosen.
Thank you! JCOC is honored. These funds will greatly help during this season.
Even with this good news, your financial donation is still needed as JCOC addresses seen and unforeseen expenses. We continue to help hungry households and homeless veterans, men and women during this season.
Be a Part of #TeamJCOC By:
- Giving Financially Online, OR MAILING it to 1053 Virginia Beach Blvd., Virginia Beach, VA 23451.
- Putting together Snack Bags: (Put nonperishable items such as granola bars, tuna fish/chicken salad kits, chips, cookies, juice box, bottled water, cheese and crackers) in a gallon sized zip lock or brown lunch bag. Our office is closed. Email email@example.com to arrange drop off. Include your name and phone number.
- Sharing Facebook Posts and Following us on Twitter and retweeting. Invite everyone to like and follow us. Start an Online Fundraiser!
- Collecting needed food items: canned meats (chicken, tuna, etc.), cereal, pasta, sauce, rice, oatmeal packets, peanut butter, jelly, crackers, and fruit cups. The office is closed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to drop off nonperishable food donations. Include your name and phone number.
Your generosity has been amazing. Thank you for continuing to stand with us!