There are numerous ways that you, your family, friends, co-workers, places of worship, clubs, everyone can help break the cycle of homelessness and hunger! JCOC provides men and women in our Emergency Shelter and Day Support programs with basic toiletries. Welcome Home Baskets go to each Rapid Rehousing client moving out of homelessness into their new place. More than 1,000 boxes worth of nonperishable food is packed into Family Food Boxes every year. See how you can help from the list of needs below. And thank you!
- Men’s and Women’s Underwear (new)
- Bus Passes (1-day GoPass)
- Bottled Water
- Snack Bags
Snack Bags are provided to community dinner guests with their meal as available. Seventy bags are needed each night. Snacks can be assembled in plastic storage bags and include items such as:
- Canned Meat (pop tops or packaged only)
- Granola Bars
- Fruit Cups
- Meat Sticks
- Water or Juice Box (small)
JCOC also accepts the following items:
- Office Equipment & Supplies
- Vehicle Donations
- Bus passes (purchase 1-Day GoPass at gohrt.com)
- Gift Cards (Fast Food Restaurants, Grocery Stores, Walmart, Target, Wawa, 7-11)
- Monetary Donations (visit jcoc.org to donate online)
Welcome Home Baskets:
(new items only, complete baskets preferred)
- Dinnerware, 4 pc. place setting
- Flatware, 16 pc. set
- Pots & Pans, small set
- Kitchen Utensils
- Can Opener
- Bedding set, Twin, Full or Queen
- Towels & Washcloths
- Laundry Detergent
- Dish & Hand Soap
- Toilet Paper & Paper Towels
- Mop & Bucket
- Broom & Dustpan
- Cleaning Supplies
- Trash Bags
- Air Fresheners
IN-KIND DONATION GUIDELINES
Preparing Your Donation
- Please place all items in bags or boxes. If possible, please sort donations by type; food, clothing, toiletries, etc.
- We are NOT able to accept the following items:
- Open, Partially Used and Expired Food
- Prepared/Catered Food
- Stained and Torn Clothing and Shoes
- Business and Formal Attire
- Open, Partially Used and Expired Hygiene Products
- Razors and Mouthwash
- Children’s Clothing and Toys
- Tube TV’s, DVD’s, CD’s, and VHS Tapes
Delivering Your Donation
- Donations can be delivered by appointment to our main campus located at 1053 Virginia Beach Blvd. in Virginia Beach. Please contact Krishna Loya, Community Engagement Manager at email@example.com or (757) 491-2846, ext. 102 to schedule an appointment.
In-Kind Donation Form and Receipt
- We request that all donors complete an In-Kind Donation Form each time a donation is made. Information from the form will be used to record and acknowledge your donation and keep you updated about JCOC. Estimated values that you provide are helpful on grant and donation applications in order to obtain funding for JCOC programs. You will need to determine the value
of your donation. JCOC is not able to make this determination or provide tax advice.
- An In-Kind Donation Receipt will be provided upon request at the time of your donation.
Distributing Your Donation
- Food donations help provide food to our community every day of the week through a food pantry, family food box program and community meals. Visit us at jcoc.org for details about these programs.
- JCOC makes every effort to utilize all non-food donations however, our storage space is limited. There are occasions we will need to send items to partner agencies.
Thank you for your consideration of a donation to JCOC. Your donation will help make a positive impact in the lives of many individual and families in our community.
For more information, contact Krishna Loya, Community Engagement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 491-2846, ext. 102.